The celebration of Mother's Day


Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. The celebration of Mother's Day began in the United States in the early 20th century; it is not related to the many celebrations of mothers and motherhood that have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration (originally a celebration of the mother church, not motherhood). 

Soon it's Mother's Day, that day of the year when I am reminded of the joys of motherhood, and I give an inner shout-out of thanks to my own mother.

In my work teaching older adults, I listen to their issues, guide them in living healthier lives, and build their confidence to keep them moving strong. I feel I have an honored role. Together we sort out what matters most in their lives, and find solutions to help them live full, enriched, independent lives. In return, I receive their joy and wisdom.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Donate Us